Request for Qualifications_On-Call Geotechnical Engineering Services
- Department:Public Works
- RFP Number:RFQ-GeotechSVC
- Start Date:02/22/2016 3:58 PM
- Close Date:03/23/2016 4:00 PM
The City of Belmont Public Works Department is seeking to retain one (1) or more qualified professional firms to provide on-call geotechnical engineering services. The term of the contract will be three (3) years. The work will be assigned on an as-needed basis for a variety projects and programs.
Scope of Services
I. Administrative Duties
• Attend staff level meetings with City staff, public officials, community leaders, developers, contractors and the general public.
• Review and provide written comments on land development matters, and construction plan review.
• Provide technical advice to City personnel related to all matters of geotechnical engineering, including but not limited to current building code requirements, State and Federal regulations.
II. Geotechnical Engineering
• Provide professional geotechnical services for peer review of soils report and analysis for the Public Works Department and Community Development Department for land development projects.
• Provide review, technical advice, and recommendations to the Public Works Department and Community Development Department for land development projects.
• Field investigation, data collection and preparation of geotechnical reports for City projects.
• Feasibility evaluation and alternative analysis for City projects.
• Geotechnical design including contract plan preparation and development of specifications for City projects.
III. Plan Check Services
• Provide construction and maintenance observations associated with work performed within City limits.
• Review for compliance construction plans, documents, engineering, and specifications.
IV. Field Inspection Service
• Inspection of geotechnical aspects of land development projects including but not limited to site preparation and grading, site surface and subsurface drainage, excavations for foundations and retaining walls.
V. Other Professional Services
• Provide other geotechnical engineer services related to City and development projects as authorized by the City.
Consultant shall assign personnel who are professionally qualified as determined by the City to perform needed services. All materials, resources, tools and training shall be supplied by the Consultant. Projects under construction by permit from the City shall be inspected for compliance with adopted State of California Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Energy and Fire Codes, as amended by the City and as designated by the City as well as other Codes
Upon determination of a need for service, the City will inform the selected firm(s) of the specific staffing need and/or scope of work. The firm(s) will prepare a detailed scope and cost proposal. Upon agreement of a detailed scope and cost, the City will issue a task order for the work.
The Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) for On-Call Geotechnical Services should include the following:
1. Transmittal letter including contract information (physical address, telephone number, fax and email) for the point of contract for the City on all correspondence and communications pertaining to the SOQ.
Discuss the firm’s qualifications, experience and history in performing on-call geotechnical services particularly for governmental agencies. Discuss the firm’s uniqueness to best perform the specific category of services the firm is interested in providing to the City.
Provide resume summarizing qualifications and experience of the project manager, and staff likely to be assigned to the work.
Provide references for the three most directly applicable projects/service agreements, with current verified telephone numbers, so that we may contact them and ask about your services.
4. Agreement for Service
The contract will be issued by the City of Belmont. A sample of the City’s standard Master Architectural and Engineering Services Agreement is attached. The standard agreement should be reviewed prior to submitting the SOQ and comments on the agreement should be included with the submittal. If there are no comments on the agreement, a statement acknowledging the review of the agreement and stating that there are no comments should be included in the submittal.
Pursuant Sections 4525 – 4529 of the Government Code of the State of California, the consultant’s selection will be based on qualifications. A selection committee, established by the City, will review the SOQs received by the deadline below, develop a short list of qualified firms. Depending upon the relative quality of the proposals, the City may invite short listed firms to interview with City staff. The City reserves the right to reject any and all proposals.
Three (3) copies of the SOQs shall be submitted on or before 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday March 23, 2016 to:
Leticia Alvarez, P.E.
Assistant Public Works Director/City Engineer
Public Works Department
City of Belmont
One Twin Pines Lane, Suite 385
Belmont, CA 94002
If there are any questions regarding this request for proposal, please contact Leticia Alvarez at (650) 595-7469.
Some items listed above may contain a link to eBidboard, a commercial service provided by Construction Bidboard, Inc. Through the links to eBidboard, contractors can obtain information about the City of Belmont's Public Works construction projects that are currently out to bid or have recently opened bids. Here professional engineering firms and consultants may also find a listing of our current Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQ’s).